view thread

Don't Wanna Be (Daniel Johns)

Discussion Board

Thread 108

No Subject by alayna on Wed Mar 17, 2004 17:27
You guys are EXTREMELY immature for making fun of Daniel and the rest of the band. Perhaps it is to disguise your own insecurities about yourself? In any case, you need help. I suggest calling a hot line for this sort of situation, or better yet, seek your health insurance company and ask about counseling. You obviously have some sort of jealousy and anxiety towards Silverchair.
Re: No Subject by Chris on Thu Mar 18, 2004 07:49
Critique Your post: "You guys are EXTREMELY immature for making fun of Daniel and the rest of the band." Response: How can someone be immature "for" doing something? Wouldn't it make more sense to say that we were immature, as revealed by our actions? Your post: "Perhaps it is to disguise your own insecurities about yourself?" Response: this is a statement, not a question. Please punctuate appropriately in the future. Also, is it not a bit redundant? Would not "Perhaps it is to disguise your own insecurities" or "Perhaps it is to disguise your insecurities about yourself" be sufficient? Your post: "In any case, you need help. I suggest calling a hot line for this sort of situation, or better yet, seek your health insurance company and ask about counseling." Response: The song was written years ago. What was the danger we should have addressed with your proposed measures? Your post: "You obviously have some sort of jealousy and anxiety towards Silverchair." Response: Again, your word choice is puzzling. "Anxiety towards Silverchair"? Like they're going to come beat us up or something? This idea becomes particularly absurd when you consider that it could only relate to the period before the "YSIB silverchair controversy" that you are clearly trying to be a part of. And wouldn't they have to bulk up a bit first?
one simple request by shane on Wed Mar 17, 2004 18:22
all i ask for you guys who post is take a look at some of the older posts so you can at least add something new to what everyone else has said. i love stupid complaints as much as the next person, but this one's pretty boring.