view thread

Don't Wanna Be (Daniel Johns)

Discussion Board

Thread 19

Finally, the truth by Alex Clark on Tue Jul 17, 2001 08:45
You know, this has gone on long enough. I'm sick and tired of this. All of you Silverchair fans have been fooled by a great trickster, and the joke is totally on you. Here is the truth of this song you all hate so much. First off, my name is Alex Clark, and I'm the good friend of a guy named Ruteger Porterfield. Who's that, you ask? He's better known as Shane, Anthony, Brian and Chris - YSIB. That's right. There is no YSIB. This whole time the "band" you have been slamming and mocking has been just one man, who has been enjoying this great joke at great lengths. He created the four characters and the songs, not to make a huge Silverchair controversy, but to just have a little fun with multitracking software and his talent, or lack thereof, of music. The result was better than he expected, and all of you are the butt of this huge Kaufmanesque joke. Don't believe me? Look, I've been in the guestbook since it started four years ago. I'm just sick of him talking about you idiots at work all the time, so I want it to end. So, for God's sake, stop feeding him! -ALEX