view thread

Don't Wanna Be (Daniel Johns)

Discussion Board

Thread 4

Question by CrackNut on Sat May 26, 2001 15:41
I understand that you're trying to make everyone feel pity for you, asking why are so many people making a big deal over such a small issue. It's just a song, right? Didn't you know that when you're in a band, every mistake gets noticed no matter how big or small your band is? With Anthony saying, "Yeah, and I eat more food in one day then Daniel has in his entire life." Did you think that would help? With your responses to the guestbook, you're provoking the silverchair fans to flame you even more. If you really want this whole controversy as you put it, to stop, then you should put up an actual apology with no sarcasm. But then there's the question, why shouldn't I make fun of someone I don't like? It's called maturity. Only little kids make fun of others. So you hate him, then keep it to yourself and don't announce it to the whole world in the form of "music". The best songs don't have stupidness in their lyrics. They're not about mustard, crosswalks, or chairs. They're usually about death and depression, obsession, aggression, society, ect. I personally couldn't give a shit about the song anymore, it is kind of funny in some way. But still, why don't you wanna be Daniel Johns?