view thread

Don't Wanna Be (Daniel Johns)

Discussion Board

Thread 43

No Subject by Lora on Thu Dec 27, 2001 02:56
Heyo... I loved reading through some of this, it's great. you guys are so bewildered in the face of these continuous attacks by the rabid silverchair fans.. from the ones who are barely literate to the ones who go to grrreeaatt lengths to prove that they and precious silverchair are geniuses. I love these teams of teenage girls out to defend their Daniel, it's touching. Man, being famous would be creepy. Imagine if you guys were silverchair and had all these wacko girlies drooling over pictures of you in the latest issue of BOP! It makes me want to write a new version of dont wanna be daniel johns. Yeaagghh. Awful. I was sickly obsessed with silverchair in my early teens... but like a clever girl i kept that fact well to myself. And i still realized that they sucked. And that their lyrics were crap, and getting increasingly pretentious. I couldn't help it. I still wanted to be their girlfriend. This is what it's like to be a silverchair fan. buuut then their second album came out and it was too blatantly stupid for me to like so the whole thing ended. you guys are cool cause you're not trying to be cool. or rather, not trying too hard... everyone tries a little. thuuumbs up.