view thread

Don't Wanna Be (Daniel Johns)

Discussion Board

Thread 72

You couldn't be Daniel even if you wanted... by Reflectia on Sun Nov 17, 2002 14:03
Yeah... I know it's a bit redundant to post a message on here about your shitty little song but... Here's my 2 cents anyway. My feeling on the whole thing is that all of you guys suck and you'll never go anywhere... God only knows how the hell this song got circulating... Possibly to show how shitty you guys can be? Sure. I'd believe that. Whoever said they sound like punk, I must agree with you, is a fuckin' moron. First off... Punk as a whole is shitty... It all fuckin' sounds the same... So yes, it sucks... And wait! What's this?? You wrote... A punk song with the message that Daniel Johns sucks! Now THERE'S a contradiction if I ever did see one! Not only does punk suck... But so do you! So... Your anti-Daniel Johns song being a punk song is only fitting! Are you with me? Because I hope I've brought you to a bit of a realization so far... Now... Not only does punk suck... As well as this song... But what about the fact that none of you could even a PUNK song any justice!? I mean for Christ's sake... No wonder you guys aren't getting anywhere! None of you can play your fuckin' instruments! I hope you've all progressed some... For your sakes'. So what about the part of the song where you go NON-punk by slowing down and playing a halfway decent... No wait... a less-shitty riff... The fact that you're doing that to express how it doesn't fit it... I think it only means it doesn't fit in your shitty punk song! Because you guys want to be a PUNK band and a PUNK song stays the same goddamn tempo the whole time, right? So in turn... What you're really saying is it doesn't fit in your shitty song! If any of you (Excluding Chris) had any notion of what "music" is, then you'd understand the brilliance of being able to change tempos and feels... But that's right! You don't want to be Daniel Johns! So in not wanting to be Daniel Johns, you don't want to be anything that he's associated/affiliated/gifted with! You're a disgrace to the instruments y'all A.T.T.E.M.P.T to play so... Perhaps you don't want to be Daniel Johns because you can't "hold a flame to his ass"! I think the reason his bands' status is as it is speaks for itself... And as for yours... Well you're having to try to speak for it. So... Heh... I'd say your feeble attempt to even jokingly be like something/someone you could never be is a failure... Just like your whole band and the genre you want to stand for... Punk! And how ironic! The only reason anyone on this WHOLE INTERNET knows who you are is because of the one person you don't want to be like... Daniel Johns! Amazing isn't it? If it wasn't for his talent to distinguish no-talents like yourself, your persona, nor your bands' would never exist... You would be absolutely nowhere... Which really isn't that different from where you are now, now is it? lol... I hope I have been somewhat of a "revelation" to you because GodDAMN did you guys need one! Well... Thanks for giving me this place to bitch! Keep on keepin' on with your band and the shitty status of this song because everyone who downloads or finds that song isn't because they were looking for your band... Just remember that. ;) -Stephen