view thread

Don't Wanna Be (Daniel Johns)

Discussion Board

Thread 80

contradiction by Erin on Tue Mar 4, 2003 12:50
I think it is hilarious how you people tend to contradict yourselves everytime your petty little mouths open. You state that Silverchair's lyrics are horrible and don't pertain to any true-felt feelings or issues, yet your little song couldn't be any more sadly written. Not only that but you can't even get the words right when you try to convince everyone that '"People dying... for no reason at all; makes no difference if you are large or small...."' is "a sad, sorry attempt at serious-sounding lyrics.", when really, in the song, it clearly states "People dying, for no reason at all... age is no difference, or if you're large or small." (Meaning: usually in mass killings, the killers don't care if the victims are young, old, small, or large...) NOW, if you were really as inteligent as you claimed you were, you would clearly understand that that is what the lyrics meant, and not just comment on them as if they were just a random whim that popped up into Daniel's head. Also, you claim "Silverchair is much more guilty of that"(making lyrics just to sell records)than you are, yet Silverchair realistically never set out to do such things, considering it was the very cause of Daniel's severe anxiety attacks and anorexia throughout the years. Think before you comment, morons.
dum by shane on Wed Mar 5, 2003 11:07
a big problem i have with those lyrics is the fact that it sounds like it's created just because he needed something to rhyme with. people dying for no reason at all makes no difference if you're large or small there's nothing that annoys me more than obvious rhymes in a song that tries to take itself seriously. i know what the hell he's trying to say. Your argument also makes it sound like daniel johns is trying to tell killers to be more judgemental -- that perhaps a killer should really get to know the person, and perhaps stick to a certain genre of person..like maybe only fat people..enough of these heartless mass killings!!
yeah.. by erin on Sat Mar 22, 2003 17:19
he's not tryin' to tell killers to be judgemental.. he's tryin' to explain how they just don't care who they kill, and how heartless they all are... that it all needs to stop, thats all-- and if yah don't like rhymes, ah' well-- the best of them do it.. so yah can't say that's why you hate daniel--
Re: yeah.. by Chris on Sat Nov 1, 2003 19:12
The best of them do it much better.